Top 5 Ways to Appreciate the Beauty of Pinckney Retreat!
While we were walking around Pinckney Retreat in the stunning Beaufort, SC this past Earth Day, we were reminded that we should slow down and appreciate the natural wonders surrounding us in this community! A couple of the things we found along our way were…
- The magnificence of the Spanish moss draping the live oaks. Embrace the serenity of the antebellum gardens and community trails.
- Walking along the community pier and maybe even grabbing a kayak. Spend the day on the water, taking in the abundant flora and fauna of the unique eco-system of the salt marshes.
- Bird watching! Beaufort is home to an abundance of birds, from water-based pelicans and cormorants to large species such as vultures and hawks, and song birds like wrens and sparrows.
- Ditch the car and ride your bike into town. Then lower your carbon footprint even more by shopping local and eating local. Support our town’s businesses, artisans and restaurants, rather than big box or chains.
- Relax by the pool, and finish the day off under the covered outdoor dining area, grilling some locally-sourced fish and veggies. Take a deep breath, and inhale the sweetness of clean air and open green space.