Here’s a tale you may have heard before: A family comes to Beaufort, SC, on vacation, falls hopelessly in love with the area, and decides they want to live here forever. If we didn’t know better, we’d swear our lovely corner of the South was putting a spell on folks who come to visit. There’s a reason that Beaufort was named the “Happiest Seaside Town in the USA”, as well as the “#1 Retirement Town in the U.S.”!
Luckily, if you decide to spend your retirement years here, we have just the spot for you… Pinckney Retreat! Living at Pinckney Retreat is like being on vacation 365 days a year. With all the community amenities, plus everything that historic Beaufort has to offer, you’ll never be bored! Here’s a glimpse of what living at Pinckney Retreat can be like…
- Resort-style amenities in a truly unique setting, including the community pool, covered outdoor dining area with grill and fireplace.
Plantation Retreat House
- The authentic Plantation Retreat House (est. 1736), complete with 22-inch thick Tabby walls, original fireplaces, and rich hardwood planked floors, has been restored for residents’ use.
- Antebellum gardens and community green spaces, along with an observation deck and a network of marsh-front trails.
- Easy access to the water via the community pier and day dock, supplied with canoes and kayaks for morning marsh forays or serene sunset vistas.
- For boat owners, the community is convenient to recreational marinas and boat storage facilities. Just the thing for the avid fishermen among you!
- If chasing that little white ball is your preferred pastime, our local courses offer an extraordinary selection of world-class golf. Plus, Hilton Head Island is only a 45 minute drive.
- Historic downtown Beaufort is just 7 miles away. It features a wide range of unique shops, boutiques, restaurants and cafes. There are also art galleries, a waterfront park, year-round festivals, and more!
- For history nuts, this region is jam-packed with historical homes and sites to explore. History is EVERYWHERE you look – you won’t know where to go first!